Berlin

Berlin

Sonntag, 22. Dezember 2013

an act of selfishness

nothing you believe is true
and this is freedom

I should let go
now
without another thought
everything else is nothing
but an act of selfishness

I whisper lovingkindness your way
may you be happy
may you be safe
may you live with ease
may you be free of suffering
and all its causes
may you be free


to not even think about you
anymore
because
every thought is an act of violence
in the end
an act of selfishness
of pride really
like I know who you are
which I don't - obviously
like I know what you want
which I don't - obviously
not love but selfishness
I knew what I wanted
and let my wish  - unfullfilled -
be the judge
of every word I said
of every act I committed
of you ultimately
but nothing we believe is ever true
this is the freedom to let go
and the only kind of lovingkindness
to whisper your way is:
may you be free

© Susanne Becker



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen