Berlin

Berlin

Mittwoch, 6. November 2013

quiet - rewritten

this is an older poem - while going through my poems to prepare a collection for participating in some contests, I found I didn't like it anymore in its old form, so I rewrote it - now I like it again

quiet

‎"When one gets quiet, then something wakes up inside one, 
something happy and quiet like the stars."
The Hour-Glass, W. B. Yeats


I am humble (irony)
lets face it
I tend to
react
never
just listening
never quiet like the stars
trying to find out what I feel
what I should feel
(and while we are at it:
I really like to think about
what others should do - but thats 
maybe a little too personal for this poem?)

I want to get quiet 
like a glass of water
to hear myself
to feel myself
to see my truth
what to do next
never to know for sure

I want to get quiet
until I know what I feel
without words
until I know what is true
beyond every thought

humble
no reaction

© Susanne Becker

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen