Berlin

Berlin

Freitag, 18. Oktober 2013

open your heart

can there be
I wonder
while it is raining
outside not again
after you disappeared
rewind:
can be another poem
as true as every other word
I said before
too many
spoken written
into your hollow universe
you weren’t able
to find them
a million words
always saying the same:
open your heart
basically

can there be
I wonder
while clouds swallow the sun
outside not again
after you disappeared
rewind:
can there be pain
as an answer
a challenge
as true as love
I felt before
too many
every inch of me felt
into your hollow universe
you weren’t able
to find me
a million sentiments
always saying the same:
open your heart
basically


while I ponder thoughts like this
I mean, deep thoughts,
I am diving here,
in the middle of forgetting,
maybe I forgot my oxygen,
maybe I am even drowning,
but with an open heart,
I will be the heroine famous
drowning with an open heart,
I will also be
frying eggs for the girls,
doing the laundry,
going to work,
cooking dinner,
writing a poem,
            no wait a minute: can there be another poem?
washing the dishes,
reading a story to my daughter,
driving my car through city traffic,
taking the underground,
smiling at strangers,
having gin and tonic with a friend,
and in the middle of all this 
I will always be waiting
for you to find us
me and my million words

and I will not close my heart



© Susanne Becker

Kommentare: